With Gus Murray, President EMDR All-Ireland
0930-1630 Saturday April 29 2023
£40 EMDR Association UK Members: £70 for Non-Members
EMDR Association UK CPD points to be applied for.
NB THIS IS FOR APRIL 2023, NOT 2022! BEING POSTED HERE WELL IN ADVANCE.
Flagging this up very well in advance (more than a year ahead, in fact), we look forward to welcoming the redoutable and hugely experienced Gus Murray to our April 2024 regional networking day to take us through using EMDR with every client.
President of the still relatively newly-formed All-Ireland EMDR Association, Gus is an EMDR Europe Accredited Trainer and Consultant, and Programme Director at the Cork Institute of Technology for the past 25 years.
As Gus explains it, the full potential of the clinical application of EMDR therapy is still compromised in its application to a full range of clinical conditions, with many clinicians struggling or reluctant to use it with more complex and disordered clients.
Many, he adds, stop short of embracing EMDR as a comprehensive system of psychotherapy, seeing it rather as an element within their existing approach.
His workshop with us in East Anglia (online as usual these days) aims to address this, offering a range of knowledge and skills to guide the effective integration of EMDR into your clinical practice.
Participants will learn:
- A comprehensive approach to case formulation, treatment planning and target identification .
- How to address the challenge of maintaining client regulation while accessing and processing traumatic memories.
- An expanded appreciation of the role of positive resource networks and their use.
- To explore the use of EMDR therapy along a continuum from low-, moderate- to high functioning clients.
- To explore the use of EMDR therapy in the treatment of a range of clinical conditions and populations.
The workshop will include
- Illustrated presentations of relevant material
- Experiential application
- Discussion and questions.
See you there?